What Will I Learn?
- Resolve common dog training and behavior problems, including: housesoiling, destructive chewing, excessive barking, digging, home-alone problems (and separation anxiety), leash reactivity to other dogs, hyperactivity, jumping-up, not coming when called, pulling on leash, plus lack of attention and compliance.
- Prevent and resolve the problems that are likely to arrive as puppies grow into adolescent and adult dogs.
- Rehabilitate adult dogs with temperament problems, including: fearfulness, fighting and biting.
- Use Lure Reward Training, All or None Reward Training and Classical Conditioning techniques.
- This course has no pre-requisites.
This online seminar consists of six hours of video lecture by renowned animal behaviorist and dog trainer, Dr. Ian Dunbar. It has been approved for 6 continued education credits by the CCPDT, IAABC & NADOI.
This seminar will offer simple solutions for the most common dog behavior and training problems, including: housesoiling, destructive chewing, excessive barking, digging, home-alone problems (and separation anxiety), leash reactivity to other dogs, hyperactivity, jumping-up, not coming when called, pulling on leash, plus lack of attention and compliance.
Obviously, preventing predictable doggy problems is the way to go but what do we do when adolescence exuberance, distraction and the development of fears and phobias override socialization and training? How can we retrain dogs in shelters to make them more adoptable? And how do we retrain newly adopted adolescent and adult dogs?
Whereas rehabilitating adult dogs with temperament problems (fearfulness, fighting and biting) can be extremely time consuming, especially the older the dog, behavior and training problems may be resolved at any time in a dog’s life. When training begins, good habits begin to replace bad habits. We may need different training techniques (All-or None Reward Training) to get started but otherwise, by and large, treatment protocols are virtually identical to prevention protocols. Moreover, retraining an adult dog is often much quicker than training a young puppy.
This is a full agenda and whereas we’ll discuss fearfulness and reactivity to other dogs unfortunately, there will not be sufficient time to discuss dogs that have serious aggression problems and have injured a dog person or another dog.
The seminar is suitable for both dog owners and dog professionals.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for dog trainers, veterinarians, other pet professionals as well as anyone else interested in simple and effective training methods for improving dog behavior.
28 Lectures 05:50:16
Introduction Preview 01:45
Behavior & Training Problems Preview 14:46
Temperament Problems 13:00
Irresponsible Owners? 15:32
100 People 12:59
Housetraining Overview 16:57
Introducing the Crate 12:19
Analog Language 13:56
Birth of the Stuffed Kong 15:19
Creating Drive 16:37
Teach Shush 10:51
Dune’s Crying 12:47
All or None Reward Training 14:25
Representative Feedback 13:09
Separation Anxiety 16:54
The Great Insanity 14:34
Prevention vs. Treatment 14:56
Jumping Up 11:15
Pulling on Leash 16:14
Put it on Cue 14:33
The Relationship 12:20
Come Here 17:00
Distance Commands 18:16
Congratulations on Completing This Course 00:13
Content Source: https://www.udemy.com/simple-solutions-for-common-dog-behavior-training-problems/
DMCA Notice: HiOrla.com does NOT hold any video files on its servers. HiOrla.com only provides links to third party services. Therefore HiOrla.com is fully compliant to DMCA and not responsible for any copyrights violations.